When you first install and open the AeroCaster apps, they will prompt you to allow access to the Camera, Microphone, and Local Network. And when you finish your first recording, it will ask you to allow access to Photos.
If you experience the following issues, it's likely that your Privacy settings need to be adjusted to allow access:
- You cannot connect any devices using AeroCaster Camera to the AeroCaster Live iPad app
- This may also be caused by your network's firewall settings
- The AeroCaster Camera image is solid black and you do not see a preview for that connected camera in AeroCaster Live
- Individual camera recordings enabled and set up to transfer to the iPad when you stop recording, but the process does not complete or you get an error message
Check for Updates
First thing to check is that the devices are running the latest versions of the apps . Sometimes with Apple devices you need to go to the App Store page to manually update it, because the new version has not been added to your update list yet.
AeroCaster Camera iOS
The easiest way to fix this camera issue with iOS devices is to delete AeroCaster Camera, install it again, and tap "OK" when it asks for access to your camera, microphone, and local network.
It will not ask for Photos access until you start and stop a recording using the record button in the lower left corner of the screen. If you do not see the record button, update AeroCaster Camera.
You can also open your iOS Settings and scroll down the list on the left until you see "AeroCamera". You can alternately do this in the Privacy menu, but this way makes it easy to see all the permissions in one menu.
- Settings > AeroCamera > Photos > Add Photos Only
- Settings > AeroCamera > Local Network > On
- Settings > AeroCamera > Microphone > On
- Settings > AeroCamera > Camera > On
AeroCaster Camera Android
Please check the documentation for your Android device or try the steps in this guide:
AeroCaster Live iPadOS
You can also open your iPadOS Settings and scroll down the list on the left until you see "Live". You can alternately do this in the Privacy menu, but this way makes it easy to see all the permissions in one menu.
- Settings > Live > Photos > All Photos
- Settings > Live > Local Network > On
- Settings > Live > Microphone > On
- Settings > Live > Camera > On
Once you modify all your permissions and reopen the apps, if you see a camera image on the AeroCaster Camera apps but do not see an input preview image in AeroCaster Live:
- Remove the camera and add it again
- Close AeroCaster Live completely and reopen it
- Restart the iPad and all camera devices
Note that if you delete and reinstall AeroCaster Live, you will lose your settings, so it's not recommended.
Privacy settings are covered at 01:26 in this supplementary tutorial video: