When you first install and open the AeroCaster apps, they will prompt you to allow access to the Camera, Microphone, and Local Network. And when you finish your first recording, it will ask you to allow access to Photos.
If you experience the following issues, it's likely that your Privacy settings need to be adjusted to allow access:
- The AeroCaster Camera image is solid black and you do not see a preview for that connected camera in AeroCaster Live
- Individual camera recordings enabled and set up to transfer to the iPad when you stop recording, but the process does not complete or you get an error message
It's also helpful to check that the apps are up to date. Sometimes with iOS devices you need to go to the App Store page to manually update it, because the new version has not been added to your update list yet.
AeroCaster Camera iOS
The easiest way to fix this camera issue with iOS devices is to delete AeroCaster Camera, install it again, and tap "OK" when it asks for access to your camera, microphone, and local network.
It will not ask for Photos access until you start and stop a recording using the record button in the lower left corner of the screen. If you do not see the record button, update AeroCaster Camera.
You can also go into your iOS settings and adjust permissions there:
- Settings > Privacy > Camera > AeroCamera > On
- Settings > Privacy > Local Network > AeroCamera > On
- Settings > Privacy > Microphone > AeroCamera > On
- Settings > Privacy > Photos > AeroCamera > Add Photos Only
AeroCaster Camera Android
Please check the documentation for your Android device or try the steps in this guide:
AeroCaster Live iPadOS
You can also go into your iPadOS settings and adjust permissions there:
- Settings > Privacy > Camera > Live > On
- Settings > Privacy > Local Network > Live > On
- Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Live > On
- Settings > Privacy > Photos > Live > All Photos
If you see an image on the AeroCaster Camera apps, but still do not see an input preview in AeroCaster Live:
- Remove the camera and add it again
- Close AeroCaster Live completely and reopen it
- Restart the iPad and all camera devices
Note that if you delete and reinstall AeroCaster Live, you will lose your settings, so it's not recommended.