- AeroCaster VRC-01 hardware
- Windows or Mac Computer with a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port
- USB cable connected between the VRC-01 and Computer
- Never apply this update data to any product other than the VRC-01. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- Never power-off your VR-1HD while the update is in progress!
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the VRC-01 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact Roland service center near you if this occurs.
Download the System Program Firmware update file from the AeroCaster Downloads Page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click the checkbox, and click on the orange button to download.
It will appear in your downloads folder as vrc01_sys_v105.zip.
Note: The latest version is "vrc01_sys_v105.zip", this image is for reference
The update file will be contained in the downloaded .ZIP archive file. You will need to extract the .BIN file inside the .ZIP file, and save it for later.
Note: The latest version is "vrc01_sys_v105", this image is for reference
Do not open the .BIN file, it is not a program that runs on your computer, and do not rename it. You will later transfer it to the VRC-01 in the following steps.
Hold down both the ASSIGNABLE DECK  (LOW CUT) and SCENE  (PinP 1) buttons at the same time and connect a USB 2.0 or 3.0 cable between the DEVICE port on the back of the VRC-01 and the computer.
Continue holding down the buttons until only the ASSIGNABLE DECK  (LOW CUT) button repeatedly flashes RED.
The VRC-01 will appear on the computer as a removable drive called "USB Drive".
Open the "UPD" folder on that removable drive.
- Windows: Within My Computer (or Computer), open "USB Drive" (or Removable Disk).
- Mac: In Finder or on the Desktop, open the "USB Drive" icon.
Copy and paste (or drag and drop) the "VRC_upd.bin" file from the "vrc01_sys_v105" folder to the "UPD" folder of the VRC-01 "USB Drive".
Do not copy any folders, the .BIN file should be the only file in the "UPD" folder.
After the copy has been completed, safely remove the VRC-01 "USB Drive" on your computer to begin the update.
- Windows: Right-click on the "USB Drive" icon in My Computer (or the "Removable Disk (*:)" icon) and click "Eject."
- Mac: Drag the "USB Drive" icon to the Trash icon in the Dock.
Do not unplug or power off the VRC-01 yet, you need to leave it powered on until the update is complete.
- The update takes about 2 minutes to complete.
During the update, the SCENE  (PinP 1) button will flash RED.
When both the ASSIGNABLE DECK  (LOW CUT) and SCENE  (PinP 1) buttons are lit solid RED, the update is finished.
- If both buttons are blinking RED, please try the update again.
Unplug the USB cable from the DEVICE port, wait 5 seconds, and connect it again.
The update is complete, and you can connect the VRC-01 to your iPad again.
Optional: To verify the VRC-01 version number, first disconnect the USB cable from its DEVICE port.
Hold down the VIDEO SELECT  and ASSIGNABLE DECK  (SE 2) buttons and connect the USB cable to the DEVICE port.
The buttons that are lit solid RED indicate the version number, based on the row it is on.
For example, let's see what version 1.05 would look like, expressed as "XYZ":
- X = VIDEO SELECT  through 
- Y = SCENE  through 
- Z = ASSIGNABLE DECK  through  and [USER]
For version 1.05, the following buttons are lit:
- VIDEO SELECT 
- ASSIGNABLE DECK  (SE 1)
- ASSIGNABLE DECK [USER]
Based on the below chart, here's why:
- VIDEO SELECT  means "1" because that's the only lit button on that row.
- No Scene buttons are lit, so that means "0".
- ASSIGNABLE DECK (SE 1) and ASSIGNABLE DECK [USER] lit mean "5".
Once you are finished, you can unplug the VRC-01 and connect it to your iPad again
|VIDEO SELECT ||VIDEO SELECT ||VIDEO SELECT ||VIDEO SELECT |
|SCENE ||SCENE ||SCENE ||SCENE |
|DECK ||DECK ||DECK ||[USER]|
|3||Unlit||Unlit||Lit RED||Lit RED|
|5||Unlit||Lit RED||Unlit||Lit RED|
|6||Unlit||Lit RED||Lit RED||Unlit|
|7||Unlit||Lit RED||Lit RED||Lit RED|
|9||Lit RED||Unlit||Unlit||Lit RED|
For more information about VRC-01 Firmware, refer to the System Program link on the Downloads page.
Note: This is separate from the manuals.